Exist List mailing...

  • C. S. Wyatt
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 26, 2001
      I thought everyone on the list might like to know that I sent more
      than 300 "invites" to this discussion last night. I ask that
      each "resident" welcome newcomers into this community openly and with
      the greatest civility.

      Until 1998, I mailed a newsletter to those visiting my web site.
      During the last two years I have been preoccupied with changing my
      career. (I returned to writing and purchased a bookstore... silly me.
      As a result, I have neglected my web site and this community.

      I hope some of the 300 individuals I invited to this community do
      join us. First, it's much easier than writing a monthly or even
      quarterly newsletter. Second, I believe the broadest exposure to
      ideas is the best form of learning.

      This summer I plan to "finish" three web pages: Sartre, Camus, and
      Kafka. From there, I will move to Nietzsche and Kierkegaard -- two
      men well-documented on the web at present.

      If you have a web site or mailing list, please invite more
      individuals into this community.

      On Topic: PLEASE try to remain focused on existentialism,
      phenomenology, and related schools of thought. Other questions are
      acceptable as they parallel matters of philosophy -- but be clear as
      to how and why your question relates to the theme of this community.

      Participate in the community by adding bookmarks, suggesting books
      (see Database), or promoting the community.

      All the best,
      CSW / The Moderator