RE: [existlist] Re: meaning

  • eduard
    Message 1 of 281 , Nov 2, 2002
      Brian,

      I would grant that human consciousness causes
      separation. My point was in relation to the idea
      that "meaning" only comes when "give" the object
      some meaning. I am opposed to this idea, because
      is seems to make objects subservient to humans.
      That they have meaning and purpose only when
      humans are around. Yes, isolation and meaning are
      one in the same ... but this is from the human
      perspective. We are still at opposite ends of
      pole in regard to this aspect. I don't know how
      to provide a better arguement on this, than I
      already have. I guess it is just that I don't see
      humans as anything special in the domain of
      nature. We think we are, but I believe that this
      is a false perception.

      eduard
    • Mary Jo
      Message 281 of 281 , Dec 28, 2004