Re: Perception-second message ever

  • SKIBO79
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 2, 2002
      You are defining Descartes cognito "I think." Sartre stopped the
      never ending cycle with his idea of consciousness, but I take it one
      step back. He says that self-consciousness is the last aspect of
      consciousness. This doesnt mean the ego, which is what Descartes
      describes. Self-consciousness is the knowledge of what u are not,
      eaning other objects. I state that self-consciousness is the
      breaking from pure-consciousness where we are one with the world,
      but then try to describe the world, which is self-consciousness.
      Then we see our ego as an object in the world as this computer or
      keyboard.

      Thinking isnt perception or consciousness. Thinking is an object in
      the world. We are aware of it like the computer. I how we describe
      ourselves is the amount of distance between things. Things that are
      the closest to us, we define as being us. Hence our thoughts, ego,
      etc. But if were aware of them, then they arent us. Life is
      neither hell nor joy. It simply is. U give a definition of what
      hell and joy are and whatever matchs up to those u label it. But Im
      sure u cant find a good or bad in an object. Its ur choice, but I
      try to stay away from saying whats good or bad. often times I fail,
      but I try not to get down (or up) cause then thats labeling it
      haha. Good luck.

      Brian

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/