RE: [existlist] Re: humans again

  • eduard
    Message 1 of 281 , Oct 31, 2002
      Brian,

      <<< True, a rainbow was here before us, but
      nothing was able to give meaning to it. >>>

      Think about that statement for a moment. What you
      are saying is that "meaning" is "given" by
      something ... I presume you mean "someone" who has
      consciousness. My point is that "meaning" is not
      "given" ... it exists as part of the object,
      entity or whatever you are observing. This
      meaning exists independently of human involvement.
      All that we do is to recognize and identify this
      meaning.

      eduard
    • Mary Jo
      Message 281 of 281 , Dec 28, 2004