9684Re: neurons and optical illusions

  • mrnavigator10
    Oct 6 2:58 PM
      --- In existlist@y..., eduard <yeoman@v...> wrote:
      > Masoud,
      > If you are asking whether I believe in "souls" and
      > such things as a "4th dimension", the answer is,
      > no.

      I do not think that there is anything
      > supernatural about existence.

      We are just here,

      > like any other animal or plant or rock. Nothing
      > special or supernatural.

      What do mean nothing

      > My reason for mentioning neurons, was that
      > everything in the outside world is known to us
      > through interpretation.

      According to you and few others who dont really know

      In essence, it is our
      > neurons [meaning our brain] which creates the
      > outside world for us.

      In theory

      For example, when we look
      > at this world, it projected onto the retina of our
      > eyes as a two-dimensional picture. It is our
      > neurons which interpret this picture in order to
      > make it into the three-dimensional world that we
      > think we see.

      What do YOU mean WE think we see

      The manner in which we do this is
      > based on certain parameters that are partially
      > learned and partially genetic.

      When we become
      > confused in our interpretation, it is referred to
      > as "optical illusions".

      THat might be true for you but you only speak for you

      > You can find some interesting optical illusions
      > at:
      > http://www.optillusions.com/
      > eduard
    • Show all 21 messages in this topic