8908Not so similar...

  • michael mcguire
    Jul 29, 2002
      Charles wrote:

      the human mind has remained the same throughout
      the ages, it has no evolved in any way whatsoever.

      Eduard wrote:

      I agree that nothing much has changed in our brain
      evolution. In fact, part of our problem is that
      we tend to believe that we are different in some
      fashion. The guy who goes to see the Pope in
      Toronto, is the same as the caveman who paints
      buffalos on the cave wall. I should think that
      realising that we are the same as a half million
      years ago, is refreshing and also is releasing.

      Structurally, of course. I think though, that a lot can be said for the
      vast degree of cultural evolution that has taken place with those brains.
      Culturally, we are very far from what we used to be and I think that that
      counts for a great deal when we talk about differences in what we are and
      what we used to be. So, I am not so sure that I can agree that, 'the guy
      who goes to see the Pope in Toronto, is the same as the caveman who paints
      buffalos on the cave wall.' Although, both are wired the same, the
      plasticity of the mind allows for very different creatures.

      mike