862Re: [existlist] UNSUBSCRIBE ME PLEASE, THESE ARTICLES HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH EXIST.LIST!!!

  • Cris
    Jan 17, 2001
      Hi Yacine and listmates:
      I lived a couple of block distance from Camus house in Place d'Hydra for
      three years up until 91.
      A block away from the French Consulate's residence.
      I guess it gave me a better understanding of the world of a Frenchman in a
      small island of French Algiers. Must have been absurd. He grew up though in
      Bab el Wad, a poorer district downtown.
      The Stranger, the Foreigner, probably also has this influence of the
      conquerer versus conquered. Christian versus Islamic values.
      I had a good time there in a city build by the French and Maghrebien
      workers, conserved as in the fifties, and now inhabited by the second.
      I was at a beach, and a red headed descendent of the Vikings and Vandals,now
      muslim, was staring a Polish couple lying at the beach with their children,
      she in a white big 2 piece bathing suit. He was fully clothed with his shoes
      of the margins of the water, the ripples of waves wetting them, and staring
      like in a hypnotic trance for about 20 minutes. A lady like that. He was
      about 45, and not from Algiers, but some town in Kabilia, Berber.
      Cris with out H.
      One of the reason I have started looking in this subject again is that for
      some strange destiny, my Organization sent me also to Dakar, and much later
      to Hanoi for a short period.
      Myabe I speak French with a Senegalese accent?