776Re: [existlist] Re: Hello everybody --Kafka's symbols

  • Anthony Wetherington
    Jan 8, 2001
      I agree with you comepletely. In order to, how should I say, appreciate
      'the good' one need 'experience' and 'appreciate' 'the bad' in 'life', yet,
      one msun't "commune so long with the dead, that we forget we are living"....
      My criticizm of Kafka lies in the fact that he has the 'American' or
      'Western' tendency to over-emphasize the atrocities or affronts against
      "himself" and/or "his people" i.e. the Judaistic plight. 'The oppression'
      is not centrally anti-semite. We are all 'oppressed' and in my personal
      views of existetialist philosophy, at 'odds against ourselves in Nature' in
      this thing we choose or choose not to call "Life". When we dwell on the
      one-sidedness of our "existence" it takes away from the 'essence' of our
      "being" in turn causing ourselves to be advocates of the very 'oppression'
      of which we are so concerned with eradicating and preventing future
      occurances of.