      From: Judith Michelle Lee
      To: existlist@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Thursday, May 30, 2002 9:53 AM
      Subject: [existlist] MEF Update 2: The General Code

      Hi everyone!

      In my previous note to Bill, there was mention that scientists have not attended to Existentialism and now I suspect it has fallen by the wayside in a terrible state of antiquity. This however, is not appropriate given that the main postulate is that we are all cast violently into this world; alienated and compelled to forge our own meaning; having to confront death. Existentialism in fact concerns every human life, irrespective of whether the individual is able to articulate the felt psychological distress. Little wonder then that psychopharmacology is a profitable business and this year's world health report is expressly dedicated to improving human mental health. Existentialism is preeminent and we need to deal with it.

      Following further readings, I am about 80% certain that I have unravelled an appropriate course for the MEF, and as noted earlier, it has everything to do with modern science, and an integrated modern science at that.

      The MEF is a post-industrial saturation paradigm that will present all that is known about ourselves and our world. The logic is not complex, I will merely reassemble knowledge into an Existential framework adopting a proactive, introspectionist/cognitive psychology approach.

      NEW CONSTRUCTS:

      "Existentiality" is the Existential version of personality. Basically, this means Neural Darwinism (Edelman & Tonini) plugged into Symbolic Interactionism (Mead). It's as simple as that.... Existentiality (private consciousness) is the stuff of Existentialism (private dilemmas), and rests at the interface between the Neural Darwinism and Symbolic Interactionism. This is not complicated, but as in my earlier note to Charles, can be simply explained in terms of a neural substrate upon which two primitive operants (sub/unconscious and conscience) direct the conscious.

      "Three spheres of Existentiality" refers to the three types of consciousness that shape our reality: (a) Fundamental-Germinal (tracing the Big Bang to an emerging Bio-Digital age); (b) Socio-Biogenic (tracing the emergence of man to a coming "bio-digital social order"); and (c) Individual-Experiential (tracing conception/fertilisation to an emerging "extended-age").

      "Existemetrics" refers to the Extential version of pyschometrics. These are tools (x3) based on tetralogics, whilst really simple they do in fact involve four layers of triangulation to help each individual identify his/her innate: (a) existential milestone (pathway to psycho-social adjustment); (b) existential orientation (pathway to socio-political stance); and (c) existential executive profile (for advanced MEF).

      I really am aiming for a saturation paradigm, as it is the only way we can move forward as a whole. Further, I will be developing a beginners, general and advanced site (because not everyone really wants to know the "mechanics of driving their car").

      I don't mean to marginalise anyone by this, however, it should by now be clearly evident to a well-learned scientist the direction in which the MEF will take shape. Be sure to send me a note if you have any recommendations/comments and or suggestions.

      Regards, Judith.

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT