6986Re: The Palestinian Right to Resist

  • james tan
    Apr 30, 2002
      for myself, i can't help seeing the palestinians' suicide killing as an
      invitation (or incitement, or provocation) to war, by any standard, israel's
      or international's. sharon could either give in totally to the palestinian's
      demand (and they actually want to have nothing less than the entire land of
      palestine and removing the entire state of israel in palestine) as a result
      of palestinian's suicide attacks, which is a kind of war, or to defend by
      fighting back, nothing short of a war. it is not a matter of western
      perspective as u charge chris, but a matter of self-defense. and it is not
      stupid to defend against a intruder by force if there is no other way for a
      intruder who refuses to negotiate peacefully. u may think this has become a
      dog's world, but then that is the situation we sometimes find ourselves in,
      and instead of asking why it should be this way, and moralise, and idealise,
      sharon simply thought of how he could deal with it. try reasoning with a mad
      dog why it shouldn't bite u and u may begin to realise that reason can be
      futile if the opposite party is not interested in compromise but insisting
      only on his pt of view. palestinian is not just resisting over israel's
      present temporary occupation in a certain small part of west bank, what they
      resist in the ENTIRE state of israel. nothing short of getting rid of israel
      will stop them from their provocative attacks via suicide bombing. if u
      think war is terror, how would u respond when someone took a knife and
      threaten ur life, those of ur wife and children? i am sure u would try to
      defend even if it means killing the intruder, terror or no terror. this is
      just the pragmatic thing to do.

      james.

      From: "heindrich m´┐Żller" <albatros444@...>
      To: WisdomForum@yahoogroups.com, frovpt@...
      Subject: Re: [WisdomForum] Re: The Palestinian Right to Resist
      Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 21:51:01 +0200

      "I would like to persuade you that war is not the best solution for the
      Palestinian people, but if they are determined to have war, so be it."

      How on earth can an otherwise intelligent man as you be so narrow-minded and
      one-sided when it comes to this issue (and political issues in general)?? Is
      it a serious statement that palestinians a a whole are 'determined' to have
      war? Not very philosophical.

      Try seing things in different perspectives for a change - try something
      different than the westernized/american/israel point of view. It is as
      though you once and for all has chosen your side - this renders you just as
      blind as a dedicated inner-circle sovjet communist. They meant well too, you
      know.

      I *don't* mean to provoke by this comment, I just can't help wondering...

      One wrong cannot justify another. Terror is war. War is terror.