639Re: [existlist] Camus

  • Victoria
    May 1, 2000
      roy, you are absolutely right about the bigger and bigger
      picture...from the neutron to the mass...however, the question still
      stands...having a purpose means that you could derive operating
      principles from a system, an ecosystem or any organization of masses?
      vs

      --- In existlist@egroups.com, roy <royjem@n...> wrote:
      > Hello victoria,
      > I wonder, do you think that if an Enzyme in a cows digestion system
      knew
      > it's helping him digest weeds it would give a meaning to it's life?
      or
      > would he think to which operating principles does the cow belong to
      and
      > weather she has her meaning as well? and so on....
      > Even if we had the tools to know the larger picture of our
      surroundings and
      > the physical rules by which they work, the question would still
      stand
      > regarding the larger picture, wouldn't it? As long as that is the
      way the
      > question is phrased...
      >

      > At 20:52 2000-04-03 +0000, you wrote:
      > >I am currently reading "The Myth of Sisysphus" by Camus and I am
      > >having a great deal of pleasure in doing it...However, I would like
      > >to place the following question for this group:
      > >I think that human life, belongs like any other form of life, to a
      > >global ecosystem and we may even extend it to the whole physical
      > >universe. So if this is indeed the case, does the universe contain
      > >some operating principles from which we may derive some values by
      > >which we may judge whether life has a meaning?

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic