60293Re: [existlist] RE: The Ice Palace

    Jun 25, 2014
      On Tuesday, June 24, 2014 10:31 PM, "Peter ciccariello ciccariello@... [existlist]" <existlist@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      "so the girls were connected through thought. The labyrinthine rooms of the ice palace may have symbolized these more so than stages of life and death."  Absolutely!  And ..."death is change, not absence."   What an oddly comforting thought.

      It would be interesting to reread the passage through the labyrinth again to see if it corresponds to levels of consciousness.

      This morning, contemplation of 'death is change' unexpectedly reminded me of Bryant's Thanatopsis.The poem which still brings tears had a dramatic affect on my thinking as a young woman and has much in common with the changes of nature and death theme of The Ice Palace.

    • Show all 36 messages in this topic