60278Re: [existlist] RE: The Ice Palace

  • christopher arthur
    Jun 4, 2014
      I suppose that I can identify with Sis in the schoolyard after Unn's disappearance.  I still remember my last year of grad school when the campus was so lively and full of people, but paradoxically I felt alone and different somehow, as I noticed that I seemed to be the only person who would walk the grounds with neither a companion nor even a cell phone calling out to remote companions.

      Is it surprising that a small village like the story setting would not produce a more religious, perhaps Christian expression of their hopes and sadness with respect to Unn?

      On 6/4/2014 9:27 PM, Peter ciccariello ciccariello@... [existlist] wrote:

      and...?

      On Wed, Jun 4, 2014 at 10:14 PM, christopher arthur chris.arthur1@... [existlist] <existlist@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      I got around to reading The Ice Palace finally, taking your
      recommendation...