60126Re: Humanity's Freedom: Does it have limits?

    Aug 6, 2013
      According to Sartre the only limit to freedom of choice is freedom. We are not free to stop being free, and others limit my freedom through their own freedom. Human being is not determined; we determine or we are not free. Consciousness is a nothingness. See my previous post for Sartre's own words.

      Mary

      --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "michael5th" <michael5th@...> wrote:

      > All -
      >
      > I would be interested in getting anyone's perspective to the question: Does humanity's freedom have limits? Why or Why Not? In what ways are our lives absolutely determined?
      >
      > Again curious on your perspectives when it comes to some of the existentialist greats - Sartre, Heidegger, etc.
      >
      > Thank you!

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic