      From: Mary
      Sent: Wednesday, July 17, 2013 1:39 PM
      To: existlist@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [existlist] The point

      Yes, but if someone relies on an earnest novice such as myself to prove
      whether the examples are adequate or inadequate, rather than reading the
      text itself and relying on commentaries, is arguably not authentically
      concerned with debating the issue. Wikipedia and Spark Notes type synopses
      of a clearly difficult book won't be helpful in explaining what it took
      Sartre approximately 800 pages to explain. Nor will they explain how his
      several concepts are interrelated. As I said before, taking them piecemeal
      will prove frustrating and pointless. The charge that Sartre is
      condescending is one that has been taken seriously. The difference, however,
      is that some writers have taken the time to study the text and offer
      arguments based on the text.

      The question here is whether the examples or any one of them adequately
      explains bad faith.