59815Re: more nothing

    May 30, 2013
      Okay then. The influences for these concepts go back to Parmenides in the 5th century B.C. These concepts have been carried forward until today. They continue to be discussed among Hegelian scholars at the very least. Sartre's philosophical influences were other philosophers. Not everyone who experienced the cultural and historical influences that Sartre did became philosophers. So other than his personal influences of childhood, attending university for his philosophy degree, his war experiences, and his teaching philosophy, I'm not sure how you wish to make a connection between non-philosophical influences and his book. Which other particular influences have you uncovered?