59806Re: [existlist] Understanding Sartre

  • hermit crab
    May 28, 2013
      I started reading Booky Wook 2 a day or so ago and see that Russell Brand
      (before Part One begins) quoted Kafka:

      "Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit
      your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense
      obsessions mercilessly."

      Followed by this Sarte quote:

      "If I became a philosopher, if I have so keenly sought this fame for which
      I'm still waiting, it's all been to seduce women basically."

      Hmmm, honesty like that is rare, eh Doug? <g>

      h.