      From: Mary
      Sent: Sunday, May 12, 2013 3:29 PM
      To: existlist@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [existlist] Re: more nothing

      Something as simple as a calendar not being where you remembered putting it can indeed cause anxiety. Suppose you were very preoccupied with thoughts unrelated to the calendar and put it somewhere which your memory cannot access. This even happens as children when we might attribute its 'disappearance' to Leprechauns. As an adult this absence causes anxiety because there is a lacuna in our thoughts. There is a psychic break not merely related to memory, but one which suggests the possibility of more significant gaps in reality. To contemplate the gaps is to consider nothingness.