59732Re: [existlist] Re: shaping nothing

  • christopher arthur
    Apr 30, 2013
      Yeah, zero is formally the "additive identity", and that concept is at
      least better than nothing (for the sake of algebra). The empty set is
      still something to hold, since all sets contain it. But, I'm not sure
      that physics gives a better answer, especially theoretical physics,
      which is nearly pure math, anyway; i.e., if you talk about "quantum
      states" you're probably referring to a discrete set of possibilities,
      which leads back to the empty set, interpreted to context. A black hole
      is very dense and heavier than everything, so if it exist, it must be
      something, too. As for what's before the Big Bang, well, it's
      cosmological, so maybe all you can say is that nothing in the universe
      is without cause.

      Chris