59711Re: [existlist] shaping essence

  • eduardathome
    Apr 25 4:42 PM
      But the reality is that we ARE all programmed. When you make a decision,
      you are weighing factors which are part of your upbringing, experience and
      circumstance. You can even assess the programming. If someone makes a
      decision, ask them ... why. Some may initially say they don't know, but if
      you question enough, you will find the reason.

      Why did the chicken cross the street??

      In fact you can't make a decision without weighing factors. The word itself
      implies a weighing as to how you cut something up.

      Granted there are those who are affected by genetic flaws and those
      traumatised, but even here they are making a decision on the basis of
      something.

      They guy who gets pushed onto the rails of a metro is not making a decision.

      We are programmed because we have tendencies that guide what we do. A
      person who is traumatized may go to his/her particular tendency and indeed
      may find it difficult to go to some new decision. That is why these people
      are treated.

      I am not saying it's easy. Getting away from our tendencies and make new
      decisions that have beneficial result is part of maturing. Having an open
      mind is being able to adopt new programming. We can reshape our essence.

      But this is also an argument that we do not have free will. Our "will" is
      our ability to choose. Is there a case for which a person makes a decision
      [chooses] without weighing factors that are a part of his/her makeup?? The
      factors are our own personal programming. Therefore, there is no free will.