      From: Mary
      Sent: Tuesday, April 16, 2013 3:35 PM
      To: existlist@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [existlist] Re: Poking at nothing (Why Does The World Exist?)

      Jim,

      I'm halfway through Holt's book about to begin the Interlude titled Nausea.
      I'm enjoying his brief introduction to the various theories about why
      there's something rather than nothing. Of course it's difficult to accept or
      reject these without more in-depth attention, except for the god theory; I
      did give that adequate attention. I need to spend a little time thinking
      about the how the law of contradiction works, because contradiction,
      opposition, and negation are all part of his speculative reason.

      Have you started with Holt's or Krauss' book first, or neither yet? I
      remember Wil said he read the Krauss book already. Anybody else?