59679Re: Poking at nothing (Why Does The World Exist?)

    Apr 16, 2013
      Jim,

      I'm halfway through Holt's book about to begin the Interlude titled Nausea. I'm enjoying his brief introduction to the various theories about why there's something rather than nothing. Of course it's difficult to accept or reject these without more in-depth attention, except for the god theory; I did give that adequate attention. I need to spend a little time thinking about the how the law of contradiction works, because contradiction, opposition, and negation are all part of his speculative reason.

      Have you started with Holt's or Krauss' book first, or neither yet? I remember Wil said he read the Krauss book already. Anybody else?

      > All,
      >
      > I've ordered both Holt's book and Krauss's - so hopefully I'll have both sides of the story of nothing before too long.
      >
      > Jim

    • Show all 21 messages in this topic