      From: Jim <jjimstuart1@...>
      To: existlist <existlist@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Sat, Mar 30, 2013 4:00 am
      Subject: [existlist] Re: A More-Better Nothing

      Knott,

      I agree with your line of thought here.

      In terms of physics, I would call an area of space with nothing in it a vacuum. I cannot see how anything – even tiny sub-atomic particles – could be produced out of a vacuum.

      There used to be philosophical disputes about whether vacuums could exist, but not now.

      If there was nothing but an infinite vacuum before the big bang, I cannot understand how a big bang could happen. But I am not a physicist.

      Jim