59439Re: From the foam,Bookdoc

    Feb 24, 2013
      Irvin,

      Not only is Bill's group at least 10 years old, it's hardly incestuous. You shouldn't make assumptions; our members don't agree on everything...just enough to speak our minds, remain open to persuasion, and avoid Yahoo! Groups cross-posters.

      Are your sparse offerings, especially the racist and sexist insults, designed to appear less grating? Clearly you wish to refrain from revealing your authenticity in this public forum. Perhaps you can coax the old Bill you assume has been co-opted back into your fold.

      All the best,

      Mary

      --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "irvhal" <i99hj@...> wrote:

      > Bill,
      >
      > I remember you once compared your comments here to a bottled message at sea that might be fortuitously found and enlightening to others. Now you've set up house at another board closed to public view over some unwelcomed gurus. Its been said some write for themselves and some for others, and preaching to a small choir can be boring and unchallenging (and perhaps eventually grating if it's too feminine, or if, as you once said, too "Protestant"). Bet you'll be back.
      >
      > All the best,
      >
      > Irvin

      > > We have two interlopers here,now. Neither have anything to do with existentialism. I suspect Bookdoc wrote or sponsered the post from Exislist about the absurd man. I liked it and would ask the author his thoughts on Camus.
      > > When the gurus tire of writing here Some existentialists might return. That fictive parrot still contributes is a very positive sign. I think it is proposed that Trinidad was the spouse of another pivotal writer. I did not know that but if I remember correctly Bookdoc had some hard battles with Trinidad. Should he get tired of poking Dick I invite Bookdoc to my site, Neoex. I will let you in and then leave you to whatever matters you deem appropriate. Good to hear from you, Bill

    • Show all 21 messages in this topic