59404Re: [greenlogic] Fw: Re: [Wisdom-l] RE: [TheBecoming] Philosophy: Restoring the Soul -hilarious -

  • Bhanu Padmo
    Feb 17, 2013
      Dear Krishna Kumar,

      1
      Sophisticated Idea and Simple Terminology.

      Don*t you see a problem there when you suggest use of
      simplistic wording to represent sophisticated ideas? Isn*t there a proportional
      relationship between the two?

      You are possibly talking about simplicity of later sequential
      interpretations. What about the maiden/ basic definitive expression that would
      by and by emanate the later sequential interpretations in bits and pieces.

      If it is a case of sparse/ sporadic writing, your suggestion
      is immensely considerable. But if the writing project is about protracted
      building-up of a *unified theory* / *theory of everything* or its like, the
      maiden expressions ought to be etymologically sophisticated.

      The first line of targeted people need not be ordinary
      public, by the way. The target line is that of extra-ordinary readers from whom
      the unusual idea would percolate to lay populace drop by drop. It is a long
      process.

      I think I have successfully nurtured in me the requisite
      patience for such a protracted project. It is towards the end of the third
      decade of the project that I have met you.

      2
      Uniqueness of Sanatana Dharma.

      Would you be interested in eternal uniqueness? Have you
      imagined the consequences of eternal uniqueness? Its perils? *Silent apocalypse*
      is the other name for what you prescribe in the name of *eternal uniqueness*.

      Being *uniquely evolutionary* is the supreme attribute we
      should be looking for. But it brings along with it perplexing consequences.
      Understanding of post-evolution vivacity and perplexity is the objective of study,
      analysis and ensuing wisdom.

      Transition of current religious identity strikes one as the
      greatest contingency and is mistaken for fatal peril. You have to come out of
      that selfish horror and be prepared for religious/ spiritual metamorphosis and
      actual cultural mutation.

      What you identify as complex and unique Sanatani thought
      process may not be that complex really. Anyway, it needs to be augmented/
      complemented. We have to develop the *evolutionary uniqueness* of Sanatana
      Dharma.

      To say that Sanatana Dharma is endowed with inherent
      evolutionary uniqueness doesn*t befit a speaker who doesn*t even accept the *cardinal/
      empirical index of religiosity/ spirituality* for own religion.

      The supreme index of religiosity and culture and morality is
      the current crime/ immorality status of its people. Set amidst the worst
      criminal scenario, there is every reason for castigating ourselves for being
      superfluously proud of the ineligible. We should deem ourselves as potential
      criminals, at least figuratively, until we cause the scenario to change.

      Relative religious eligibility of Sanatana Dharma lies in
      our hermeneutic power (power of interpretation) that could synthesize interface
      anomalies seamlessly. Harping on some internal pronouncements of altruistic and
      inert tenor doesn*t suffice the Herculean task of propagating this great
      religion.

      3
      Linguistic Power of Sanskrit.

      As I say this, I do appreciate the linguistic value of
      Sanskrit language (including semantic value of its terminology). Let me compare
      this mother language with its daughter languages (in spite of comparing it to
      English) to indicate its shortfalls (viz, its relative lack of accuracy or vitality)
      as a prelude to my attempts to pull you out of the obsession of considering the
      daughter as evolutionarily inferior.

      You are surely aware of the biological fact that the
      offspring is genetically superior to the parent and so the former is potentially
      a contender for higher morality. Applying this analogy to Sanskrit language, it
      may be proposed that its linguistic heir apparent ought to be by far a superior
      language.

      Many would tend to think skeptically about the existence
      (reality) of an heir apparent of this classical language, implicitly taking it
      for granted that the heir apparent could have perished in some historical
      linguistic epidemic. They are wrong.

      Out of the three eligible contenders for direct linguistic
      inheritance of *Sanskrit linguistic age* (viz. Odia, Bengali and Assamese),
      take the case of Odia (the language of Odisha) which is believed to be the
      eldest of these three sisters. This daughter*s inherent Sanskrit etymology and
      an evolved grammar would make the level of its apparent similarity with its
      mother rise to the metaphorical 101%.

      An elite Odia poem or an elite passage in prose would almost
      be indiscernible from a Sanskrit sloka except for the narrow grammatical
      crevices strewn sparsely over the body of the narration.  If we further reckon the expressive prowess
      of this daughter language with respect to the mother, the former would score
      much higher than its apparent parental similarity.

      There is a reason why this language (Odia or rather, Odriyaa
      – the language of Odra Desha) could be a contender to such dignity and glory.
      As history unfolds in unprejudiced new anthropology (after shedding off western
      anthropology about Indian History), genesis of erstwhile original and tiny India (original
      and tiny AaryaaVarta) becomes ascribable to internal affair of erstwhile
      Odisha. That is another subject altogether.

      The
      present concern is the need for casting away linguistic necrophilia about
      Sanskit in order to develop greater linguistic dimensions to be commensurable
      with evolutionary aspect of Sanatani philosophy and to rescue the drowning
      present.

      (Bhanu
      Padmo)

      http://www.bhanupadmo.com

      You may
      reply this thread upon http://in.groups.yahoo.com/group/greenlogic/%c2%a0 as well

      or consign a copy to greenlogic@...   for extended
      discussions.

      From: Krishna Kumar Pillalamarri <pkrishnak@...>

      To: TheBecoming@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Tuesday, February 5, 2013, 6:58 PM

      Hi Bhano,
      Religion and Dharma are not the same. For complete explanation of what these words mean, and how correct usage changes our perspective and that of the Western thinkers, read Rajiv Malhotra's 'Being Different' and 'Breaking India'.

      I would also request you to not use complex verbage to discuss any of the points you are trying to make. It clouds the message you are trying to give. It probably shows that you are hiding behind language complexity instead of writing with thought complexity. A simple and straight forward messaging will give enough room for others to participate and challenge you; that is unless you are trying to avoid exactly that.

      Regards,
      Krishna Kumar Pillalamarri

      On Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 7:42 PM, devindersingh gulati <dgulhati@...> wrote:

      "When the word was spoken to me the image would appear vividly"

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4kcsXiwNbo%c2%a0

      > BHANU: What else could be the translation of the English term *religion* in Sanskrit or that of the Sanskrit term *dharma* in English? What could be the translation of the English term *culture* in Sanskrit or that of the Sanskrit term
      *samskriti* in English? Isn*t the matter straight forward?

      Gulati