      From: William
      Sent: Friday, February 08, 2013 6:08 PM
      To: existlist@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [existlist] Re: meaninglessness

      > Bill,
      > The foremost mistake non-existential thinkers make participating here is
      > telling someone what their meaning should be. I think the only thinkers
      > who've given us a workout were those who dwelt in nihilist or absurd
      > perspectives.
      >
      > Mary
      >Mary, This Indian guy is not one I will engage. Mystic religions have no
      >interest for me.He seems very deep into the ancient versions and the
      >updated cosmic apperations. Way back in my seeker days I looked at the
      >eastern religions but I was far into science and the eastern philosophies
      >as put forward in Hair and the Beatles Magical Mystery Tour Were fun but
      >just had no depth.
      An absurdist like we entertained a few years ago could have been seen to
      run into Camus until you found out he did not accept any reality including
      grounded sense knowledge. The vast jargon of eastern mysticism , slowly
      accumulated over many centuries can leave you talking about their topics
      for the rest of your life.
      Dick presented a similar problem with his unlimited hard drive potential.
      I`ll talk to him about modern subjects but once the hard drive kicks in I
      just drop it. I liked it when the guru proclaimed he was making
      existential statements . He dangles many hooks but having listned to many of
      this sort of messanger/seers I would suggest he get back to the banks of the
      Ganges and burn some ancestors.When I think of the millions of people who
      have lived lives of mystical stupidity I recoil at what these masters of
      mumbo have done.So I do not give him respect, I do the coldest thing
      available,I ignore him. He is like a tnnkling bell on an elephants collar.
      He is nothing but the elephant can run you over. Bill