59317Re: Existentialist Concepts?

    Feb 8, 2013
      This is a gross misrepresentation of both Camus and the body of existentialist thinking. Camus' logic of the absurd is not meaninglessness, and other writers do not insist that life is without significance. They offer differing views, but on the whole express that each person creates meaning through their choices and actions. Just as authentic persons may choose their given culture after thoughtful consideration, they may also accept its given meaning. However, the freedom and responsibility to accept and/or create belongs to each person.

      Mary

      --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "devindersingh" wrote:

      > would I agree with Camus that life is absurd? Life has a purpose. Is the cosmos meaningless, as expressed by various thinkers called "Existentialists". I think not.
    • Show all 14 messages in this topic