59314Re: Existentialist Concepts?

  • devindersingh
    Feb 8, 2013
      would I agree with Camus that life is absurd? Life has a purpose.
      Is the cosmos meaningless, as expressed by various thinkers called "Existentialists". I think not.
      > Dick: I exist so what is it all about and what does life offer in the way of experience.
      This talk considers Sri Aurobindo's spiritual experiences.
      The presentation is partly based on Dr. Debashish Banerji's recently published book "Seven Quartets of Becoming: A Transformative Yoga Psychology based on the Diaries of Sri Aurobindo".

      Dr. Debashish Banerji is a Dean of academic affairs at the University of philosophical research in Los Angeles:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=Xhzui09n8Z0&feature=endscreen

      > --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "Dick." wrote:
      > >
      > > Existentialist Concepts?
      > >
      > > [ Eduard, Agreed. We don't know how a zealot or sadist makes decisions. Existentialist context is for existentialists, and there don't seem to be many left anymore. It's pointless to argue whether anyone else is acting authentically. I don't think anyone is inherently anything, and I'm not accommodating terrorists by suggesting they're bound to an ideology. Are there any existentialists concepts you agree with? Mary ]
      > >
      > > Well he is certainly right on that at least, they are brainwashed by an ideology. However, do a numbered list of what you see as being THE Existentialists Concepts and we can go though them one at a time. I read them all many years ago and was most amazingly unimpressed and downright bloody bored stiff. My own existentialist outlook is only one concept – I exists so what is it all about and what does life offer in the way of experience. I was asking that question, in a less sophisticated way, when I was three. So, what does it have to offer us? What have you found? I have told what I found (six books and a hundred poems and thousands of letters and emails). Now you have a go. Or are you like the gnostics and who say that they will not tell?
      > >
      > > Dick Richardson
      > >Dick, read the existentail primer. It is not too long and is very concise and direct. CSW has continually updated it . You need not task us on our own site when the whole philosophy is well outlined by the Owner. Bill

    • Show all 14 messages in this topic