59313Re: [existlist] Re: Existentialist Concepts?

  • eduardathome
    Feb 7, 2013
      The way I see it, THE concept(s) is that you are alive and in being alive
      you make choices that can result in happiness [or whatever you may wish to
      call it] rather than misery. There is no alternative to living other than
      to commit suicide in which case the question of what is the concept is moot
      ... you are dead and not in a position to question anything. Dead people
      are ... well ... dead. Oh, you should also make choices which are of some
      help to the humanity around you, rather than to just filling some space and
      using up oxygen.

      If any of this matches something in Existentialism, I'm for it.

      The Lady Presenter in the Monty Python movie got it right .....

      "M-hmm. Well, it's nothing very special. Uh, try and be nice to people,
      avoid eating fat, read a good book every now and then, get some walking in,
      and try and live together in peace and harmony with people of all creeds and
      nations."