59281Re: The boy in the hole

    Feb 5, 2013
      The authenticity of existentialism is one of self-awareness and weighing personal ideas and values against the grain to determine if they are genuinely held or simply absorbed from culture and traditions. Ideologues and religious zealots are not authentic, because they rarely question themselves this way. They refuse to interact with those who oppose them; they're intellectually incestuous, answering their doubts with deeper commitment to their ideology. This isn't what existentialism espouses.