59278Re: The boy in the hole

    Feb 5, 2013
      If we don't speak out; if we don't advocate for our opposing positions, others will choose for us; others will act against our concerns. Those who work in security are not concerned with existential authenticity. I continue to make the point that existentialism isn't a common approach to living. It isn't common thinking, common decision making, or any other 'normal' mode of existence. I think you're saying not doing anything is a path of equal value because we can't guarantee the outcome. Doing nothing to oppose these policies is just as dangerous; look where it's gotten us.