59275Re: [existlist] Re: The boy in the hole

  • eduardathome
    Feb 5, 2013
      Yes ... what you do is what you are.

      But in this case doing something IS a threat to liberty.

      The problem is that people are weighing the event against the means to be
      implemented to possibly avoid the event in future. Eventually it will be
      all gone and we will wonder how it all happened.

      Those "security people" aren't just doing what they can. They are busily
      thinking up new ways to track the population out there and identify
      individuals who may be outside the "norm". And of course, the norm is what
      they define as the norm. What they do is "security" and this soon becomes
      an objective in itself.

      I have no doubt that emails in the US are being "filtered" according to key
      words that Homeland Security feels are indicative of terrorist inclinations.
      Certainly it is being done in Canada, although I think it is only for
      specifically targeted people at this time.

      I think there is an imbalance of event and response which is due to the
      media coverage of such as "the boy in the hole". There are something like
      315 million people in the US. So you have one 65 year old who kills a bus
      driver and kidnaps a boy. All very tragic but how many bus drivers were not
      killed and how many boys not kidnapped. That isn't to minimize the event
      but to put it into perspective. And already Bill is advocating sending up
      more drones and putting chips in the "crazies". But actually Bill is going
      further than that. He has the equation of "gun + chip = takedown". The
      only way to do that is put a chip in everyone and then a registry of arms.
      So the computer can compare the person [any person] against the list and
      then signal the takedown. It has to be that way, since there is no way of
      knowing if Mr. Average is a crazy or not. Huge loss of liberty with Big
      Brother watching over every individual.