59214Re: [existlist] Re: The most imp ortant event in somebody’s lif e?

  • eduardathome
    Jan 31, 2013
      [We can say that the moral and ethical law appears to be one, among a number
      of other principles, that has a role in the human development.]

      What moral and ethical law?? Moral and ethical laws are made by humans, not
      the other way around. Certainly, humans have in part been successful
      because they are socially inclined, and one could say that morality has some
      kind of role in their success. It might be said that societies which follow
      a morality, in the sense that individuals are cared for, tend to outlast
      societies which are immoral.

      What I am speaking to is the initial statement that there are "principles"
      that were at work in the manifestation of the universe. Is some moral and
      ethical law a part of these principles?? I don't think so. Humans develop
      regardless of morality and ethics. It is in their development that humans
      themselves who invent so-called laws of morality and ethical behaviour that
      fosters their greater success.