      From: Mary
      Sent: Friday, January 04, 2013 11:23 AM
      To: existlist@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [existlist] Re: So get tough and view yourself as what you are

      I think it's immensely helpful if one uses the term 'mental scripts' rather
      than 'bad habits,' and recognizes the brain has a quality of plasticity
      which affords some personal control. So much of thought is automatic and
      without any cognitive awareness, which is useful for some functions but
      detrimental for others. Bohm wanted us to face 'sustained incoherence' for
      which plasticity offers hope. Sustained incoherence is simply conflicting
      mental scripts.