58911Re: I pee, therefore I am

    Jan 4, 2013
      Regard for the system rather than its specific parts is a philosophical perspective, I think. A philosophical quandary might come into play while determining how to medically treat one part if the cure endangers the whole system. Then calculated risks come into play, but I think one's philosophical perspective helps make the decision.

      > Study the kidney , It is a dual organ responsible for excretion. The tissue itself is very complex with anatomical structures that rival the brain or reproductive system.Dead kidneys = equil dead brain. Dead brain = dead kidneys. An animal has system needs and all must function, any significant failure of the soma complex and the organism fails. So as a narrow interest thinker like Decartes tries to accept his perspective of life I use my more complex view of life to modify his simplistic rules. If he quit peeing he could think all the hell he wanted, his urine would dround him in a toxic imbalance much more deadly than any philosophical quandry. Bill

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic