58910Re: So get tough and view yourself as what you are

    Jan 4, 2013
      I think it's immensely helpful if one uses the term 'mental scripts' rather than 'bad habits,' and recognizes the brain has a quality of plasticity which affords some personal control. So much of thought is automatic and without any cognitive awareness, which is useful for some functions but detrimental for others. Bohm wanted us to face 'sustained incoherence' for which plasticity offers hope. Sustained incoherence is simply conflicting mental scripts.