58903So get tough and view yourself as what you are

    Jan 3, 2013
      I am not just a brain providing my own input. If I create and control my own reality, if my reality is nothing more than a self-perpetuating hallucination, then nihilism is as appropriate a response as ethical atheism or any other perspective. I am inextricably interconnected with other solipsistic hallucinations, but at some point I presume there is "external" input. The frontier of "other" remains a persistent, sometimes hostile and bewildering territory. Even a cursory examination of the obvious ways we are interrelated with one another reveals a structure of physical and intellectual entwinement which is undeniable. We can argue about degrees of entanglement and whether the brain is self-directing, but these are ideas. Ultimately I am an idea, which is as real as it gets.