58688Re: "And calm of mind, all passions spent" - Milton

  • William
    Dec 8, 2012

      > Bill,
      >
      > Knowing when to retire is difficult. My ob-gyn who delivered all but two of my children announced midway through my second to last pregnancy that he was sorry to tell me he was retiring and passing me along to a colleague. He said he wanted to live to enjoy his retirement, so I couldn't fault him for that. He served me from the days of demerol assisted births to completely natural and loved to deny the first and to tease me about reading too much about ob-gyn related matters. Before examinination he once begged me to talk to him about anything :) Congrats on your generosity to your colleague and my sympathy for your friend's loss. Once I reached a certain age and condition, I knew grief would kill me. Take care.
      >
      > Mary
      > Mary, The mad incosistancys blast into life and disrupt planning and consistancy. Your statement about grief might be modified with a consideration of guilt. So many times it is just not your fault, you did the right thing and got slaughtered anyway. The felt part of such a situation should be scrubbed clean of guilt and be less corrosive over all. That is a positive part of existentialism for me. There is no diety or priesthood out there to slather the guilt on and make me pay for forgiveness. If you make a rational decision it will be defensable to many.
      It is the hard responsibility that was killing me. The numbers and the timing were correct and continuance could make me inneffective and a risk to more than just myself. I am going out on a positive note . It is beginning to be apparent I had little left to fight the battles further. I will risk little from here on. I have a place to refer the hard, dangerous procedures and it as if a great weight has been lifted in the transferance.
      In a related matter I point to the nurse who self terminated in the joke case with the royal. I noticed it riled Dick and it also disturbed me. There are professionals who care deeply about what they do. A supposed failure can be crushing,devastating. If she died of guilt it is truly tragic, a grusome contradiction with reality. I have heard some calling for hard penalties for the DJ`s. I dislike the term closure but in this tragedy of errors it seems there need be some authority to squelch the the raging disorder. Sooner rather than later. Bill

      > I am greving the loss of a classmates wife. Unexpected and just when he was beginning to retire. Sucha oad to carry suddenly alone. The wake is at the morturary where I used to work. His ame is work and I am not going to attempt to go. Just too much right now. Bill

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic