58686Re: "And calm of mind, all passions spent" - Milton

    Dec 8, 2012
      Bill,

      Knowing when to retire is difficult. My ob-gyn who delivered all but two of my children announced midway through my second to last pregnancy that he was sorry to tell me he was retiring and passing me along to a colleague. He said he wanted to live to enjoy his retirement, so I couldn't fault him for that. He served me from the days of demerol assisted births to completely natural and loved to deny the first and to tease me about reading too much about ob-gyn related matters. Before examinination he once begged me to talk to him about anything :) Congrats on your generosity to your colleague and my sympathy for your friend's loss. Once I reached a certain age and condition, I knew grief would kill me. Take care.

      I am greving the loss of a classmates wife. Unexpected and just when he was beginning to retire. Sucha oad to carry suddenly alone. The wake is at the morturary where I used to work. His ame is work and I am not going to attempt to go. Just too much right now. Bill
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic