58619Re: Contact 1997. The Voyage

  • Dick.
    Nov 27, 2012
      I have never been dead and I don't believe that I have ever been dead. Neither do the others I found with exactly the same experience as that one believed that they were dead. I talk about LIFE. The dead do not come back to talk of it. Best not talk about books which you have not read. One CAN KNOW some of the things which ARE going to happen. I know that you will not always be here. Wait and see.

      rwr

      > Bill,
      >
      > I believe Dick's mystical experiences happened for him; I don't believe they will happen for all who seek them now or possibly ever. He told us we'll just have to wait and see, but he can't possibly know that simply on the basis of it happening to him. Nor do I believe the interpretation of his experiences applies to anyone who has something similar or even exactly. Believing they happened to him is simply trust, which is neither scientific nor philosophical. There was no one there to verify he actually died, but I believe he believes he did. Believing some of what he says doesn't require faith in either an afterlife or a deity. I'm no longer interested in that kind of fruitless speculation. Whatever happens, happens.
      >
      > Mary

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic