58507Re: The results

    Nov 8, 2012
      One young voter I spoke to was disappointed with the showing of third party candidates but happy Obama won. I told him to consider the Democratic party as a coalition party and the Republican one in disarray, something which can be taken advantage of in order to deal with the budget. We won't need third parties if enough people work to shape their own parties according to their unique visions. Both McCain and Romney could have won if they had stayed true to their moderate histories, but the right wing just had too much money and influence on them. I'm hoping moderates will align with Dems to begin the work of implementing the electorate's mandate. I think raising taxes on the wealthy is the place to start, and strategic budget cuts are the compromise. One bright note in Wisconsin is that business leaders are encouraging Gov. Walker to begin implementing health insurance exchanges rather than have the federal government do it. He was waiting for the election results, so now he's playing ball.

      > I am digesting the results in print and brodcast media. The big win was because of the young, women and hispanics. The new demographics give little quarter to GOP[Greedy Old Pricks{politicians. Milt McConell came out with his usual bombast and threatened further opposition . Behner is said to say just about the same, soon. I hope that is just disappointment speaking as it will do no one any good.
      > All the republican bluster about fiscal responsibility will fade away when they see what sequestration means for them and their political futures. Obama will not sign further tax cuts for the rich. There are few rich and they will go under the bus first. They lost and losers suffer. I think immigration reform will be an early topic and the smart republicans will compromise in order to begin reapeasement with the growing hispanic base. It is 53 to 45 in the senate two independants vote with the dems and so a fillibuster proof majority take only five republicans, On some issues that is doable. I think we will see early ads targeting tea party house members. They will be directly accused of obstructionism . In two years they could be greatly reduced.
      > Obama says he will call Romney,I wonder what he will call him? There is even talk of a cabnet post for Romney. I do not like that . The lame duck congress will give us some idea of how suicidal the tea baggers want to be. If they are real politicians they will save themselves and screw the ideology. Amy Kramer of the tea party express is still spewing the hard line but we will see when their feet go to the fire. The new cry should be identify and defeat. Bill

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic