58503The results

  • William
    Nov 7, 2012
      I am digesting the results in print and brodcast media. The big win was because of the young, women and hispanics. The new demographics give little quarter to GOP[Greedy Old Pricks{politicians. Milt McConell came out with his usual bombast and threatened further opposition . Behner is said to say just about the same, soon. I hope that is just disappointment speaking as it will do no one any good.
      All the republican bluster about fiscal responsibility will fade away when they see what sequestration means for them and their political futures. Obama will not sign further tax cuts for the rich. There are few rich and they will go under the bus first. They lost and losers suffer. I think immigration reform will be an early topic and the smart republicans will compromise in order to begin reapeasement with the growing hispanic base. It is 53 to 45 in the senate two independants vote with the dems and so a fillibuster proof majority take only five republicans, On some issues that is doable. I think we will see early ads targeting tea party house members. They will be directly accused of obstructionism . In two years they could be greatly reduced.
      Obama says he will call Romney,I wonder what he will call him? There is even talk of a cabnet post for Romney. I do not like that . The lame duck congress will give us some idea of how suicidal the tea baggers want to be. If they are real politicians they will save themselves and screw the ideology. Amy Kramer of the tea party express is still spewing the hard line but we will see when their feet go to the fire. The new cry should be identify and defeat. Bill
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic