58426Re: heaven is real

    Oct 26, 2012
      And to expand just a bit, I think that what are called hallucinations, altered states, and even dreams, should challenge our standard definition of ordinary or normal consciousness. Skepticism is necessary for scientific advance, but all the arguments to debunk these experiences don't seem to persuade the experiencers of the unreal nature of their experience. I won't attribute this attitude to stubbornness or emotional attachment. It seems more that both sides of the issue refuse to admit the paradoxical 'existence' of Nothing. The more limits we place on experience, the more it pushes into the freedom of the unknown.

      > What is mind? What is real? Can I know when they are not?
      >
      > Mary

      > > BS

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic