58383Re: Stark choice.

  • William
    Oct 12, 2012

      > I've been reading John Dewey recently and can't believe how little has changed since WWI to reorganize our society in order to enhance educative experiences for a vibrant democracy. It's clear that the wealthy as a class are not doing their share to build a better world.
      >
      > I was very happy with Biden's performance. He missed a few opportunities for emphasizing that Romney-Ryan will slash entitlements in order to finance across the board tax cuts for reducing the deficit. The wealthy do not need tax cuts; they've had them and done nothing to stimulate the economy, and the banks aren't lending either. The difference between the two campaigns on war and abortion were the clearest. We can't afford any more traditional wars, and we don't want the government spending money to hunt down women and their abortion doctors. Talk about government interference and bureaucracy! Just fix the goddamned economy by asking the wealthy to risk as much as the soldiers they send into battle, the risk the poor have by just being alive, women have with unwanted pregnancies, or at-risk children experience coming into this world.
      >
      > Mary
      >Mary, well said with the kind of energy it will take to blow these rich,right wingers off their dead asses. They live on dividends and don`t work. Without taxation they can expand their fortunes exponitially for their children and grand children. This is trickle down and it is evil. Biden and you are some of the few that seem to be able to understand that this creates dynastasys and takes us back to feudalism. It is what happens when you become so conservative you try to reverse history To go back to the good old days of religion and lock step social order. In the debate Biden reiterated that we do not need another mid east war. Ryan could not touch that as his MIC supporters are screaming for intervention in Syria. Without a war their profits begin to shrink and so they find covert ways of starting hostilities. Terkey is under great pressure and as a nato member can request military and humanitarian aid. I say give them the humanitarian aid . Ryan sides steps the question saying we should not put troops in Syria but he wants to arm them. The neocons want a Nato led war against Iran. It would cause a general conflagration in the area and that is fine for the Chaney types, the Romney types.
      I know it is difficult for up and up people to think this kind of sinister shit is going on. About all that can be done is keep talking about it and demanding openness so we can see how far they have gone to cause regional war. Obama and Biden and Hillary have the horsepower to stop those war efforts but the MIC and right wing will keep trying. Win the election,tear down the war facade and see how well this old machine is running. Blow away the doom and gloom and show people how great a peaceful world can be. Keep the faith, baby. Bill

      > > When a high ranking republican operative told me they would do anything to elect Bush 1 I thought it was just bluster. Then I found out Chaney was teaming up on the ticket and I knew the neocons had found their attack dog. Chaney would give the trickle down foolishness a ruthless champion who learned from Nixon and found any scruples a hinderance. The hapless Gore gave up and the hell started for this country.
      > > In a few hours the democratic attack dog will have a go at the latest supply side candidate. I wish Joe Biden luck and hopes he embarasses the right winger into giving up. Biden has a deep mean streak and it is time he lets it out. I will not go further into supply side foolishness, it is time for a professional to do the dissection. Sharpen the long knives and be merciless,Joe. No quarter and no excuses. Bill

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic