58371Like a mutual company

  • William
    Oct 8, 2012
      When Romneys ancestors were mormons in northern england Benjamin Franklin was devising insurance in the colonies. I do not know who lifted from who but mormanism and insurance have several similar tenants.
      A mormon tithes 10 % a mutual insurance company asks for savings of around 10%. Both act as business cartels guiding business and clients to the group. Both act as cults asking specific behavours of members and asking for non risky,highly conservative life styles.
      Mormons promise elder care as do the mutual company with its health insurance. They promise to support you in your old age.
      These are extremely complicated life long contracts. They are very english and mercantile as their common origins show. Now what their relationship to modernism or even democracy I have not thought out. But I will. Bill
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic