58138Re: No god inhabits a city.

  • William
    Sep 8, 2012

      > Very interesting but most likely you won't be able to share who this cabal is or what their long term plans are. I spent a decade following esoteric trails only to conclude even if I uncovered such agendas, I wouldn't be able to talk about it anyway. Against what principle could I measure their worth?
      >
      > Mary
      > Mary, at some point politics becomes private. Not illegal but between individuals, not in open meetings. It is not illegal to talk about politics and some know much more than others. If you want to keep sources you must protect their identity. The internet has made us all reporters and I like that. If we report truthful things we get read if we have little credance our words are forgotten. I related that last post as an exposure of process. Back channel information is always flowing and in a democracy that seems most useful. Now if the information is classified it becomes another matter. None of the things I spoke of were classified and some of it has been already reported in the printed press. Sometimes lobbiests leak results of their internal polling. That can be a heads up to upcoming events and I relate such things and do not reveal who gave me the information. Sometimes people from the other side tell me things and sometimes I pass them on. Of course I am most suspect of such gifts but I have seen such things turn out to be true. Disinformation ,lies, are another matter and there is plenty of that out there.I try to delete that stuff. In the Boswell/Latham race, Boswell is running an add that exposes a Latham family bank. The bank took tarp funds but Latham voted against TARP. It was millions of dollars and is effective in painting Latham a hypocrite. It is a great ad and is affecting poll numbers. We will be seeing it again and again. It is an exposure of true facts and numbers and Boswell is known for playing hard ball. He was an army officer and at over seventy disarmed an intruder in his own home. I find that impressive and would not want to be running against the Col.It goes to character as Lathams conduct also does.In this case I think the public is well served by the negative adds.
      I am sure in your recall fight many unsavory facts came out and You might consider relating them here. Here we saw it as union busting but that was just the tip of the controversy. For the amount of heat generated and money spent something very big must have been at stake. Bill

      > > --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "Mary" <josephson45r@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Yes, there are only so many planks we can rip out of the platform and have it support a large number of voters. I'm sure you and I would disagree on which ones to tear out, but we understand what's at stake. I'm still very concerned about voter disenfranchisement led by Republicans. Our country needs weekend election days or longer hours and extended early voting in order to accommodate the number of voters who stay away due to long lines. Fortunately Wisconsin's photo ID law was overturned. We also need more political parties to involve younger folks and spending limits. Off my soapbox for today . . .
      > > >
      > > > Mary
      > > >Mary, the spending limits debate was settled by the right wing court. They said that money buys free speach. When Obama gets his chance he should pack the court with liberals who can decide the issue as it will be seen in some form in the future. Plans made over generations rule these matters not just legislators in the present.
      > > Today I spoke with a lobbiest who shows me there is a shadow authority that oversees this long term governmental authority. He explained to me how a loser executive official was to be rehabilitated as his name recognition still gave him a value. Most people never see any of this behind the scenes planning and such displays like conventions are side shows designed to reward the base . He claims three percent of unaligned voters will decide this election and identifying and reaching them is the real business of the serious politicians. He said he was trying to identify which of his children might be a stand up politician. I told him to pick the best looking one and he grimmaced before he agreed with me.
      > > The deep operatives speak in code and ask questions that seem innocuous but get at deep loyalties and philosophical drives. Since I am on the way out I answered in a very open manner and would have said more but outsiders arrived. He ended by saying he would be getting back with me as we had further business. I hope so because like I said politics is knife fighting and I feel my blade still has temper.The gross,front people like the Koch Bros. are the out front power brokers but the real tacticians are not worried about their own comfort , they are only comfortable when their long term plans carry the day. Bill

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic