56719Re: [existlist] Straight raze or Ms. Razer

  • Susan Schnelbach
    Mar 22, 2012
      I think there is also a general decline in the use of Yahoo and other stranger-based discussion groups. I think a few studies have shown that most people interact online with friends and acquaintances via Facebook instead of strangers via Yahoo Groups. Something Scott read a few weeks ago said that Yahoo Groups users tend to be over 50 (or so) and users of the other social networks tend to be under 40.

      But yes, I would imagine that discussion groups about philosophy rank among the lowest in attendance. Groups discussing American Idol, etc, are probably more popular. :)

      - Sue