56676Re: Calling all Lurkers; Comfort.

  • westbrookj57
    Feb 2, 2012
      If what `WE' are all doing, is `wrong', and in so doing then missing the real drama of life, then why don't YOU stop doing it and go off and experience the real drama of life? I am not complaining, and life has been wonderful and still is. And who is the `WE' of whom you speak? How many peoples lives are you living and knowing? You can only know one, your own. Is it good? Why don't you answer questions if I may be so bold as to ask?

      --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Kalior" <mkalior@...> wrote:

      > Most of what we experience is our thoughts and feelings. We all experience life, but most of our direct experience is filtered out. And what direct experience we are aware of is interpreted by our memories of the past, in context of our beliefs, judged by our fears, and cast into neat categories that have meaning only to our sense of self. While this process is normal, we are almost unaware of all the action going on around us. The dramas are being played out all around us. We are so focus on own story, that most of these other-dramas have no meaning. But this attitude is very narrow. We have no idea, what we are missing. We have no idea, what missed opportunities may show us.
      >
      > We live our life, like a blind man, who is very comfortable and can not image why he should venture into a world beyond is comfort. This is a small world, comfortable, boring, unchanging and known.

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic