56307Re: Occupy Wall Street

    Nov 20, 2011
      I've seen this transcribed variously, as cost us/accosted us problems/programs, but in context I think he said "pogroms" which makes more sense. He means the coalition between fundamentalist Christians and Zionists justifies continued persecution of Palestinians.

      Local solutions are of course required, but globalization currently trumps democratic processes. As Bill mentioned some time ago, the Egyptian refuse business has been taken over by transnationals who've also disrupted local methods of recycling.

      What the occupy movement is about more than anything is competition isn't possible except amongst "winners" which Zizek notes elsewhere are really losers. Who needed to be bailed out but still call the shots.

      Mary

      --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "irvhal" <i99hj@...> wrote:

      "We the state of Israel allow you to remain the same as you were, which accosted us years ago, being victims of problems, if you allow us to play the same role on the West Bank and so on and so on."
    • Show all 34 messages in this topic