56261Re: Winding down

  • William
    Oct 17, 2011

      > As much as I applaud the Paul's enmity with the Koch brothers, unless they're willing to bust monopolies and end corporations' equal rights with individuals in the courts, with the same zeal they'd use to further dismantle unions and the safety net for the neediest citizens, their anger with the Fed doesn't persuade me to take them seriously. Talk of free markets means nothing without an authority to enforce such but they seem anti-regulatory. Very incoherent. If libertarians want to expand their Jeffersonian, propertied, aristocratic ideal, this too is being met by growing national and global protests of your so-called levelers. The Paul's may not be right, but they're still wrong.
      >
      > Mary
      > Mary, Looking at the republican presidential candidates I am jolted by the strangeness, the radicalism and the anti american values I see. As all consider themselves conservatives that may be the common bond that unites them in their unacceptability. No wonder the sensible and rational republicans are dissatisfied with the choices they are given. The party goes further and further to the right and the moderate members of the party are excluded . If you dont believe in electrified fences to kill latinos crossing the border you are out.
      Where are the Rockefeller republicans? The obstructionism of the far right crazies is strangling progress and the real revolt will need come from a middle that rejects all the madness on the far right. The electorate needs to recalculate its political compass and reject all the single issue madness . If you are against abortion you still do not vote for a nincompoop like Bachmann. If you hate the IRS you do not vote for an eccentrick like Ron Paul. The News media, a slave to news cycle happenings give these kooks top billing as if their prattlings are the real news. So I will not be watching the rest of the republican debates just as I will not answer endless questioners from credit card companise and health insurance companies. It has become a matter of not adding to the garbage pile that has become Americam business and republican politics. If the republicans send me a candidate like Nelson Rockefeller or Henry Cabot Lodge I will consider he or she. I will not consider cultists, religous fanatics or economic opportunists. Get serious GOP or get lost. Bill
      > --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "irvhal" <i99hj@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Bill,
      > >
      > > Perhaps I'm overlooking something, but it's Congressman Ron Paul and his son over in the Senate who've stood (and often alone) against the fiscal and civil liberty ravages of an unfettered national security state, as well as against the privileged position of international finance capital. In last week's Republican presidential debate, it was Paul who took on the Federal Reserve and the disgraceful TARP bailouts, while the latest Neocon fad candidate challenged him with a ringing endoresment of a previous Fed chairman that bailed out the hedge funds. And yes he is a medical man, intimating recently that homosexuality is less a moral than a biological phenomenon when pressed by a preacher excited about gays in the military -- hardly what you'd expect from a Step n' Fetchit for the Religious Right. As in all things political, we're necessarily in for a penny, but not for a pound, and we're getting our penny's worth with Paul.
      > >
      > > Irvin
      > >
      > > --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "William" <v.valleywestdental@> wrote:

    • Show all 26 messages in this topic